Re: Walker

Can Walker defend power forwards? Dont forget he has played for M.L. Carr
his whole career. To say defense was not a priority is putting it nicely.

skwon @ oitunix.oit.umass.edu on 07/01/97 03:19:18 PM

To:   celtics @ igtc.COM
cc:    (bcc: Richard Delrossi/DALLAS/CYRIX)
Subject:  Re: Walker

> walker is a legitimate six nine and played the better part of the year at
> four, where he dominated other players with his mobility and quickness
around
> the basket.  Those attributes would be wasted at three.

thanks for the info... so he is a legit 6-9... great!  it was obvious
from the games that i saw that offensively, due to his quickness and
mobility, he could burn just about anybody... but can he defend guys like
karl malone, kemp?  i've seen a lot of good players that can go shot for
shot with anybody... but if can't stop who you're covering or if you just
trade points (finesse points vs. power points) does it really help?
___
                    Steve O. Kwon
     A real man says, "I can't go on..." and then keeps on going.
           Basking in the Sunshine... waiting for the moonshine =)
___