Re: Re[2]: Travis Knight

> I liked him a great deal in college, and I think that you are right in
assessing
> his abilities. Bottom line is we need center help. Assuming he does not
ask for
> far too much, I think we should grab him. I would rather pick up a few
bodies
> instead of overpaying one player (Brian Williams). Don't get me wrong I
like
> Williams abilities but I do not know if he can run with this team. I
never
> thought I would ever refer to the C's as a running team...hmmm.
>
> Rick Smits though? unsure about that.

Along with Knight, Brian Grant is another FA that the C's should take a
look at. Grant can be compared to P.J.Brown, in fact he is a better
rebounder, though P.J might be a better scorer. Aquiring Grant will allow
the C's to move Walker to SF and free Williams up to get front court help.
                                             Regarding Knight vs Smits,
Smits didn't have all these moves from the get go. Give Knight a chance, he
played very well in playoffs and games in which Shaq was out and actually
improved with each outing.
                                                                     -
Mishra