Re: Travis Knight

I have to disagree.  I think Knight is a marginal roll player on par
with Szabo.  Knight is a little stronger, but Szabo was more athletic (a
much better leaper and somewhat better foot speed).  Either would fill
in well as a back-up center on a running team, but neither should be
starting.  Both may improve some, but I'd be willing to bet Dino's
salary that Knight will never be in the same class of skill or
effectiveness as Rick Smitts.  For starters, Knight needs around 4
inches and 30+ pounds to just match him for physical stature (Smitts is
7'4 and has been over 270 for much of his career).  Smitts, when
healthy, can push Ewing around in the paint, and was part of the reason
Indiana gave New York so much trouble in recent years.  Although Smits
is not a good rebounder, his low post moves are much better than most of
the centers in the league.  Only Olajuwan, Robinson, and Ewing seem
better than him when it comes to offensive moves and shooting touch
(Shaq and Mourning may score more, but Smits has much better moves than
either).  Knight may improve a lot, but he just doesn't seem to have the
hands, size, strength, or body control to be a center of the caliber or
Rick Smitts.

Adam