Travis Knight

NEXT STORY

RELATED
PRO BASKETBALL

Here is excerpt from LA Times about status of Travis Knight:

The Lakers on Thursday were confronted with the serious possibility of
losing Travis Knight to free agency, which seemed unlikely only 72 hours
earlier.
Knight has a series of offers that surprises even him.
Coming off a rookie season in which he developed into a key contributor,
Knight had said he probably would stay with the Lakers, even though they
were limited by the salary cap to a contract offer of about $325,000 for
1997-98. Knight said that, even if other clubs dangled a $1-million
deal--or $2.15 million over two seasons--it wouldn't budge him.
But he's considering it, because three unknown teams, bidding for a big man
with potential, have apparently made offers of seven-year packages--the
maximum allowable--worth at least $2 million per season.
"I think," agent Arn Tellem said, "we're getting offers that may make this
decision a close call."
The Lakers had braced for as much. They can either stave off this threat to
frontcourt depth that would leave them without a power forward to back up
Elden Campbell, or they can learn as early as today that Knight is leaving.

Some resolution is expected by early next week.
"Whether he does it or not, I don't know," Tellem said. "But he has to
think about those kinds of offers."
                                                                        -
Mishra

Don't fight with a crocodile in water..Change the game.