Re: Vaughn/Bird

You thoughtful notes appreciated.  I don't know about stats, but I watched
Koul last night on ESPN, and he stunk.  This guy is not a lottery pick -- my
scouting magazine seems more and more right when they project him as a
"career backup -- a poor man's Eric Montross"(!)   I'll take your word on
Battie -- hope he comes out.  I also like Doleac of Utah, who is on the rise,
and is the strongest, most athletic center out there besides Koul.  He seems
to have quite an upside.  I would say that if all these guys come out, the
Celtics could have quite a nice consolation prize or prizes if they don't get
Duncan.  How does this sound:

1- Wesley
2- Billups/Mercer, Minor
3- Williams, Fox
4 - Walker, Radja
5- Duncan/Battie, Radja, Ellison, etc.

Personally, I worry about this Battie.  He looks thin to me, like Lorenzen
Wright or Marcus Camby.  How can he play center on the next level?