general

I have been more impressed with Tony Battie (Ba tee) down here more
than the other players (Freeman & Clack, Cory Carr and Brian Skinner).
A PF, Battie seems to enjoy playing and concentrates well; he has had
only one weak game and he was injured in that.  He has need of muscle
or weight and adjustment to playing some big godzillas, but he shoots
and rebounds well and runs like an athlete.  We could do worse if we
miss Duncan.  I may be wrong on Skinner, but right now he looks like a
stretch in the top ten--altho' they did beat Texas last night and he did
well.

My dream scenario:  l.  Get Duncan, of course.  2.  Trade the other lottery
pick with ?? for Bob Sura.  Voila, we have a center and a two guard
who can spell Wes at the point.  Cleveland must plan to keep him, but
they also need to get better and a #6 pick plus a good bench player may
work.  What can I say?   I think Sura is the next Havlicek--with hops.

Poor Dallas.  You can see it in their faces.  The coach can't seem to
believe this nightmare just goes on and on and on.  They have
Minnesota's #1, I believe.  Who would have thought they could deal
themselves out like this.  For the first time in years, I wish the season
were over--after a two game streak by Philly.

Enough.    Gene