Coach

In a message dated 97-01-29 03:18:25 EST, mwmornin@oakland.edu writes:

>I sincerely wish M.L. would take a
>page from Collins book. But to write that book the celtics need a quality
>coach, and that's something Boston is sure missing right now.

On Wednesday night (1-29-97) WJR Radio out of Detroit has again reported the
rumor of Rick Pitino possibly leaving Kentucky to coach the Celtics. Have
there been any other reports elsewhere or on ESPN to this effect?

WJR noted that Boston has two first round picks in '97 + a former UK player
in Walker + the fact that Pitino's wife is from Boston + the Celtics' need
for a leader which they have not gotten in ML Carr = a good fit for Pitino.

I remember that Pitino was a leading candidate for the job a few years
back... (was it in between Rodgers and Ford)?  What else has been said
recently? What does everyone think of Pitino's 'fit' in Boston? My apologies
if this topic has already been discussed and I missed it.

- --Luke