5 straight

The Len Bias jinx on Boston sports continues.  I bet that in the last 10
years (10/86 - 1/97) we have had more losses in professional championships
than any other city (Sox in 86, Celts in 87, Bruins twice to the Oilers in
88 and 90 I think, and now Pats in 97 = 5).  Boston may now hold the
record for most consecutive losses in professional championships.  I may
move to Buffalo soon.  At least their first round picks don't die of heart
attacks in their 20s.

Someone please make me feel better by naming a city with more consecutive
losses in professional championships.  Denver had four until the Avalanche
won.  Buffalo has only four unless the Sabres have ever lost in the Cup
finals.  I think LA had four in  a row (all to the Celts) back in the
60s, but some of those may have been when they were in Minneapolis.  Maybe
Minneapolis has more than Boston since the Vikings lost three times before
the Twins won.

Caleb

Caleb J. McArthur | Michigan Law School | cmcarthu@umich.edu
Trapped in the Bizarro universe wondering how pissed Bizaro Caleb is that
Boston keeps winning all the championships in the real universe.