RE: LOSS TO PHILLY

Hi Dorine,
              While I agree with you that we shouldn't tank games and
that Celtic pride should always be kept in mind, I can't help feeling
smug that our record is getting worse. I want to get the best out of
this draft if for nothing else than the fact that we have two
first-round picks. I am sick and tired of watching every team on
national TV but the Celtics. I am also sick and tired of having to come
up with excuses every time we lose - ML didn't coach well, Fox didn't
play as well as the other night, blah, blah, ad naseum. We already have
the role and bench players in place - Walker, Williams, Wesley, Fox and
Radja are keeps as far as I am concerned. Yes, we don't have a quality
centre and a quality rebounder/defender. Hopefully, this draft will help
fill those holes, which is why I want the Celtics to have the #1 pick. I
hate losing as much as the next person, but if it means winning seasons
in the future, I am willing to put up with it for awhile. In any case, I
have postponed DirecTV purchase until next year!

As for Dennis Rodman, he got his just desserts. If I want to see
hooligans roughing one another up, I'll turn to the WWF (with due
apologies to WWF fans). It is high time that some modicum of discipline
was brought back to the NBA and I disagree with Peter Vescey who said
that by levying such a stiff (!) fine, the league was making a martyr
out of Rodman. On the contrary, he needs to be made an example of, and
the $200,000.00 out-of-court settlement, 1 million dollar loss in
salary, suspension from 11 games, etc, should bring players to their
senses. I want to see a game of basketball, not a bout of wrestling.

venkat