Re: LOSS TO PHILLY

I've noticed a few people saying we should get a point guard from the CBA,
and that ML is screwing up by not doing this.  The truth is, his hands are
tied by the current rules....

The Celtics Roster includes:

Steve Hamer
Dino Radja
Dana Barros
Frank Brickowski
Greg Minor
Alton Lister
Pervis Ellison

all of which who are not playing
+
David Wesley
Rick Fox
Todd Day
Dee Brown
Eric Williams
Antoine Walker
Marty Conlon
Brett Szabo

That is a total of 14, which is the league maximum.  You can have up to
two players on injured reserve and 12 active players.  This is why the
Celtics have had to go with 8 dressed players several times in recent
weeks, they've already filled the roster.  Even though Radja is out for
the season, he is not on IR, because Hamer and Ellison already fill out
the slots.  The only way ML can sign another player is to cut one of the
existing players.  Szabo may be odd man out after this 10 day contract,
but he has played well enough to merit the contract.

The Celtics have applied for a special dispensation from the league so
that they can put another player on IR and sign a replacement, but this
has not been settled yet (this may be because the Celtics were already
granted on dispensation this year already (Lister early in the season was
on IR along with Minor and Hamer).

In the next week or so, Hamer will be activated and Brickowski, Barros, or
Radja will take his spot on IR, so no new room for a point guard will open
up.

A trade is really the only way out of this injury mess.

Adam