rebounding

The most recent lottery bowl had a classic case of how stats lie and Cs
problems with fundamentals (get us a real coach, dammit!). Cs had a fair
number of offensive boards per the game stats, but my main memory is how
many times Fox or someone else set up outside to miss a shot and nary a
white jersey in sight to pick up the resulting rebound. Most of the boards
were off missed lay-ups and mid range shots. Bad shooting percentages pad
this sort of stat anyway, because there are just more rebounds to get. Now I
can live with them losing boards because they haven't a legitimate big man
on the court, although rebounding is more positioning and desire than
height, but I hate watching them not even try time after time. It's not as
if there's justification to assume shot=hoop as opposed to rebound on this
team. *Sigh*.
I'm not one of the keep Todd Day club, but that looked like a charge on the
last play in regulation.
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@mail.idt.net