Re: Page

- ----------
> >> Forget about him...with Iverson gone he feels he needs to take over to
> >make up
> >> for all the bad shots and turnovers that Iverson was responsible for
last
> >> year.  He's a sucessful college payer but right now his game is way
too
> >raw
> >> for the NBA.
> >>
> >> Jeff
> >
> >I remember them saying the same thing about Iverson 2 years ago.
> >
> >John
>
> So, what's your point?  They could say the same thing about Iverson now
and it
> would be true.  He's leading the league in turnovers, and the team who
he's
> running the show for is the worst in the NBA.
>
> Jeff

Yes,  but I think a lot of Celtic fans would love to have him & his
potential, maybe I'm wrong.  I sure as hell would take him over Walker, he
is a player that can seriously push the ball up the floor, get hot and
shoot the lights out, and as you stated get sloppy also. But I  would take
the down side with the good.

1 star player (or 3 as Dallas has learned) does not make a successful team
in the NBA.  Chemistry is the key, taking a couple of stars & building a
good supporting cast that works good together as Chicago & Houston have,
and the Lakers & Miami are hoping to do.  It is usually the role players
the Cedric Maxwell's, Walton's, Sichting's, Paxson's, Kucoc's, Elie's,
Cassell's that have put the good teams over the top,  along with a lot of
help from the stars of course.

I remember when Jordan could score 63 and the Bulls still lose because the
supporting cast was not there as it is today.