Re: Antoine's Game

- ----------

> I would think nerves would have worn off by now.  At this point it looks
like
> the best Antoine could develop into is a Dominique Wilkins-like player.
Great
> speed, quickness, can get 7-9 boards, streaky shooter.  He takes threes
but
> doesn't have the range, brings the ball up the court a lot but doesn't
have
> the control.  He seems to have a nice passing touch.  To me, the defining
> moment of which way Antoine's career will blow will be in the off-season.
> Will he work on his range and ball-control or eat cheesecake a la Eric
> Williams?
>
> > There have been grumlbings about his attitude, but he seems to be
taking the Celtics's losing situation well - I thought he'd be more
discouraged by now
> but he seems to still play with a lot of hustle and enthusiasm.  He also
> hasn't complained about playing center which is a good sign.
>
> Yes, he's extremely young, but again, the best I can see him developing
into
> is Dominique in his prime.
>
> Dan
>

> Good evaluations, but his future is still uncertain.  He is very young
and could mature into a Shawn Kemp,  or also turn into a disgruntled
Derrick Colemen type. He does not appear to have the Grant Hill, Pippen
like ball handling or outside shooting skills, but with some good practice
in the off season this could change, but I don't know if he has this type
of work ethic. The rumor is he does not .  I would definitely settle for a
Dominique in his prime , but not his Celtic days !