Future

Recently someone had a good post about the future of the Celtics and
made the comment that ML is doing a good job.  In a bizarre way, I want
to echo those sentiments.  I believe that exactly what the front office
wants to happen is happening.  My guess is this:

1.	ML will coach this year and maybe one more.  The length of time will
depend upon the results of the draft and the progress made by DJ.

2.	DJ is being trained by KC as the real coach.  (This initial trend
might be disturbing.)

3.	The hope is that we will get Duncan in the draft.  We then will have
a good core with Wesley, Walker, Williams (this W trend might be
disturbing) and Duncan.  Dino will be good offense and some rebounding
off the bench.

4.	About the time DJ will be ready to take over as coach, this team will
be coming together.  Also, Larry will move up in the front office
because of his relationship with DJ.

5.	While Dana will also be good offense off the bench, and Todd Day will
be a good 10 or 11 man on the bench, the team will still need a valid
point guard and dependable players.

6.	The missing ingredient is the requisite "Tough competitor" who wants
the ball in his hands and is a leader.  Therefore, I suggest the
following two trades which will fill all needs except for the point
guard.  That need should be addressed with a first round draft choice.

	A.	First, trade for Christian Lattner.  He is a leader, who you may not
like, but can and will take and make the big shot.  He has that fearless
attitude that the Celtics lack.

	B.	Second, trade for Jamie Watson of Utah.  He can play the two or
three spot, can score, can jump, and does not create problems.  Not to
mention the fact that he can play defense.

That would give the Celtics the nine core players they need, add in a
point guard, together with a Joe Klein--Scott Wedman type and you have a
team that can contend for it all.  And, ML will have done his job
exactly as it was planned.

At least, with everything that is going on, I hope the plan is something
like this and what we see on the Court is not what is the core that we
really want to see.

Also, with the first round picks the Celtics have, does that not make it
difficult for us to make a trade.  I am sure that anyone who takes Dee
Brown, or some others will only do so if they get draft picks.  Just a
thought.

Bentz