Re: Comments on state of the Cs

Eric A Borges wrote:
>I don't know why Celtics fans are worrying about the team winning games
>this early in the season, and thereby decreasing their chance at the #1
>pick in the draft.  Talent wins in the NBA.  Right now the only team in
>the NBA with less talent on their roster is Vancouver.
That's actually not true -what they don't have is star quality talent. As
various Boston writers have pointed out, the Cs have more NBA level players
than many teams. Problem is that they are all NBA level bench and role
players. Compound the problem with bad coaching leaving the players clueless
(not knowing basic things like running set offences or how to use what they
do have as opposed to strictly out-talented) and undisciplined on the court,
making the effort expended pointless, and you have the Cs.

Starke R. Farrell wrote:
><snip>

>After all of the thing our boys have been through, (2 deaths of major
>team members,
One. Bias never played in the NBA so you do not know how good he would
have actually been and can't call him major. Sorry, but this was over 10
years ago and I wish Cs fans and management would *just get over it* -
other teams lost players too and have moved on.
>5 captain changes in 5 years(Birdy, Chief, Nique, Dee,
>Rick), 3 of the best players' ever leaving Birdy, Mc, and Chief, pride
>is the only thing that has kept us responsible.
>
>As for criticism of M.L., with a 9-28 record, it's easy to criticize.
>When we begin the NEXT dynasty, however, Carr will be heralded as a
>genius.
You have got to be kidding. It's not the record per se, it's the quality
of basketball they play, even given their limitations. If I thought he
cared about anything but his considerable profits, you could call Gaston
the genius in the sense you mean for leaving the team in the hands of
someone incompetent to get them the #1 pick.

>The key to everything right now is patience.  It's hard to lose.  But,
>like M.L. says, 3-12, when healthy, we can whip other teams.  When we
>get 1 & 2, LOOK OUT!!!  Antoine might be 1 or 2.  That's where patience
>fits in.  We will compete next year!!!
Not with ML as coach. And if things continue, do you think Walker or
Duncan (if we get him) will stick around after their mandated 3 year
rookie contract? Or that any good free agents will touch this team with
a 10 foot pole?

Look, I don't disagree with the basic idea of having patience -to a point.
The problem is there's a lot more wrong with this team and organization
than the need for 2 lottery pick players.
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@mail.idt.net