Re: Re: Walker, New York and nect years celtics

> John Lyell,jlyell@concentric.net,Internet writes:
> I would not expect Duncan to make that much of a difference.  We need at
> least 2, hopefully 3 productive players out of the draft or trades to fill
> our holes at 2, 4, & 5.

In the near term, you might be right, but in the long term, you need a quality center.
Look how the fortunes of teams can change.

1969  Phoenix gets Neal Walk instead of Kareem Jabbar
1984  Indy gets Steve Stipanovich with the 2nd pick rather than Hakeem Olajawon
1985	Indy gets Wayman Tisdale instead of Patrick Ewing

I am sure someone knows the 2nd picks in the years when Robinson and O'Neal came
out.

Quality centers are hard to come by and Duncan is developing into a very high quality
center.  He is substantially better (offensively) this year as compared to last.  Last
night he practically beat UVA single handedly (28 pts 14 rebs 4 blocks).

If you can get a quality center, grab him.  It may be many years down the road before
he has a full impact (Hakeem drafted in 1984, Rockets win in 1993), but it WILL make a
difference.

I would say that with Duncan, our next big need would be a quality 2, but I think a lineup of

1   Wesley, Barros
2		Fox, Minor
3		Walker, Williams
4		Dino, ??