Re: Re: Walker, New York and nect years celtics

- ----------
> > Fred Fahey wrote:
>
> In the near term, you might be right, but in the long term, you need a
quality center.

> Quality centers are hard to come by and Duncan is developing into a very
high quality> center.  He is substantially better (offensively) this year
as compared to last.  Last> night he practically beat UVA single handedly
(28 pts 14 rebs 4 blocks).

> If you can get a quality center, grab him.  It may be many years down the
road before he has a full impact (Hakeem drafted in 1984, Rockets win in
1993), but it WILL make a > differene.

Fred,  I definitely do not disagree with the Duncan choice, he is the only
dominant player in the draft &  I hope the leprechaun comes through.
Although others may disagree I think Duncan can be a center in the NBA, he
is roughly the same size as Hakeem & a very smart player.  I was just
stating if we don't get him a good supporting cast he will take a physical
beating as Dino did before he was injured.