Re: Our needs

- ----------
> JOzersky stated

> Where in the name of god have people decided that the celtics need a
power
> forward?  Our best young player is a power forward, as is our best old
player
> (walker and radja, fox being in early middle age).
>
> We need a center, obviously;> and I think a shooting guard, although I
like Minor as a big time sub.  The> problem is that the best non-Virgin
Islanders available in the top three are> small forwards like Thomas and
Van Horn.  So I guess through some kind of > dealing (or not), I would like
to see us end up with Anthony Parker and then > with Dallas pick, take Koul
or some other big man.  Although Koul would hold> down the fort for a good
long time -- he's seven one and can run the floor, > and hes as strong as a
horse.  Of course, if we get the top pick, we can take > parker or billups
or whoever with Dallas pick and be done with it.  But I'm > warning you
guys -- don't fall in love with Tim Duncan!  Even if we get the > worst
record, the odds are against us.

Antoine is young & hopefully will bulk up a bit and hopefully will turn
into a Shawn Kemp that can play 4. it took Shawn about 3 years. I am not
sure he will be ready for a year or 2.

Anthony Parker would be a major reach with our first pick. Shea Seals,
Derek Anderson, James Cotton, Dedric Willoughby, & Cory Carr all have been
putting up better #'s against better competition than Parker.  Koul is
another  big slow sloth, I'll pass on him. Can you imagine Dino & Koul in
the same lineup ?  We would get ran off the court. I would much rather see
us take Tony Battie of Texas Tech or Scot Pollard.  These guys have been
putting up big rebound numbers against top college competition, play a
physical game, and can run the floor.  I think Battie may be the best big
man next to Duncan.  I have not seen Foyle, but his competition is not at
the same level.