Pollard/draft (was Re: your mail)

>Ken,  I like Scot Pollard alot. He is a bit bigger and more physical than
>Lafrenz, but Lafrenz seems to be more versatile offensively, like a
>Christian Laettner can hit the outside jumper.  Tony Battie of Texas Tech
>is very good also and might be available with the Dallas pick.  Adding
>Duncan, Pollard and a Dejuan Wheat or Andre Woolridge as a backup point
>would be a fairly successful draft as long as we can land a good, big  2
>guard through a trade.

That why I brought up Pollard. Because Lafrenz is a junior and assuming we
could land Duncan, I think it's more important to get hussle to wedge in
between Him and Walker. The two of them could definately handle the points
we need. (especially if Walker starts to get a consistent 12-15 ft
shot...oh yeah and FT's, but thats another story)

Also to reply to what Jeff had said
>----------
But that doesn't necessarily mean that they will turn out to be good NBA
players.  Sometimes the stock of players who play on final four teams is
higher than it
should be simply because they are playing for a great team and not
necessarily because they are such great prospects.  Look at what the
Kentucky guys are doing.
Walker was the best NBA prospect of the class, and he's showing that in the
NBA.
But McCarty and Delk are different stories.  I think a big reason why both
were selected as high as they were is because they played on a final four
team...same with Dontae Jones.
>-----------

This is why I said it was unfortunate. Pollard would (if Kansas was ranked
10-20th and didn't make the 16) probably go mid teens to low 20's in the
draft. If kansas makes it to the final 4 he'll probably move up 5-8 spots.
Possibly moving him above Dallas' pick, in addition to the fact that If
Dallas' pick is higher in the draft then it's probably not be worth using
it on someone who moved up due to the merit of their team.

I would like to get a 5 (only if Duncan is available) and a 4 with our 2
picks and was wondering what everyones feeling has been on this (both John
and Jeff seem to think along the same lines). Or try and get Duncan and a
(2) Seals/Freeman/etc. or PG.

Even though Dino has really won me over this year (or at least in teh
beginning of the year when he was playing a 4) I think it's best we move
him for cap space and/or future picks. And He is probably one of our only
desirable (excluding walker) trade bait, maybe williams and wesley but at
their salary's we'd get nothing in return.

I guess another topic (since I still have hope for Minor) is "IF" we have a
solid 3-4-5 and Wesley. Can he, given the minutes, do a respectable (ie
better or equal to half the starting 2 gaurds in the league) job?

Wow, after lurking for a couple years, 2 outbursts in 2 days, I gotta rest
my fingers...