Augmon

I would do the Augmon for Brown deal in a second. However, they can't be
straight up since they are more than 15% apart. Therefore, Detroit would have
to throw in a little more. I think a minimum wage guy(247k) would make it
work financially. Brown looked pretty good tonight, certainly better than
Augmon sitting on the bench. However, I think we are getting the better end
of the deal, especially if we can cut the minimum wage guy at the end of the
year. Therefore, Detroit may want us to throw in our second rounder this year
which is essentially a late first rounder. I don't think he would make the
team next year anyways since it is difficult to find room  and playing time
for 3 rookies next year.
Augmon was a free agent when Dana was and I thought Augmon was the second
best free agent available at the time with Dana being the best. In hindsight,
well, neither look that good...Augmon resigned with Atlanta long term so
although his salary is less than Brown, it may be for longer term. Augmon was
a great defensive player(didn't he make the Olympic team as a freshman) and
can go the rim with authority. He can't shoot much from outside, however. He
swung from 2 to 3 in Atlanta but to me he is a 3 without a outside shot. He
would really overload the 3 spot for us or maybe just refill the spots that
will be vacated by Day and now maybe Fox.
DETROIT PISTONS
Otis Thorpe              $7,000,000
Grant Hill               $5,025,000
Joe Dumars               $3,075,000