Re: your mail

> Did you all see Van Horn's wingspan, and the way he scores effortlessly
> in the post (left/right handed hooks, short jumpers over th top), and
> from long range?  He'll play alot of 4 in the NBA, not 3.  Offensivly,
> he seems like he could replace Dino for us.

I too saw yesterday's game and looks like Van Horn can play either position
quite well. He runs the floor quite well and can pass.

> Bad part, he's a leaper, but doesn't have lateral speed to guard
> dribblers on the outside.  SF's like Antoine would blow past him.

I didn't see it in yesterday's game but then he wasn't guarding the
opposing teams SF.

> Duncan on the other hand is our savior.  Big step down between him
> and every other college big man.  He's a center in the NBA.
> The only person similar to him in build, height, demeanor, and
> style of play(great post scoring, best shotblocker since Mutombo and
> Mourning), is HAKEEM OLAJUWAN(not Daugherty).  Plus the kid
> is strong and fights for boards.

Duncan needs to show more moves with his back to the basket to be
considered in the same league as Hakeem & Mourning.

> Duncan + Raef Lafrentz would solve help defense/rebounding problem.

I agree <With these two added, the C's have a chance to be one of the best
in rebounding.>
                                                          - Mishra