Re: your mail

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Michael Murray wrote:

> 2. College basketball: A Wake up call
>
> Tim Duncan came within two assists of a triple-double as he outdueled fellow
> senior All-American Keith Van Horn and powered No. 2-ranked Wake Forest over
> No. 7 Utah 70-59. Van Horn had 24 points and four rebounds, but Duncan had
> 23 points, 16 rebounds and 8 assists.

Did you all see Van Horn's wingspan, and the way he scores effortlessly
in the post (left/right handed hooks, short jumpers over th top), and
from long range?  He'll play alot of 4 in the NBA, not 3.  Offensivly,
he seems like he could replace Dino for us.

Bad part, he's a leaper, but doesn't have lateral speed to guard
dribblers on the outside.  SF's like Antoine would blow past him.

Duncan on the other hand is our savior.  Big step down between him
and every other college big man.  He's a center in the NBA.
The only person similar to him in build, height, demeanor, and
style of play(great post scoring, best shotblocker since Mutombo and
Mourning), is HAKEEM OLAJUWAN(not Daugherty).  Plus the kid
is strong and fights for boards.

Duncan + Raef Lafrentz would solve help defense/rebounding problem.