1997

Hey, we won a road game!!  Does that mean we can forget about Duncan?

Give me 2 more with the heart and desire of Wesley and I'd be content to
know we'd at least have a fighting chance.  I hope all those on the list
who are rooting for us to lose as many games as possible aren't suicidal
over this victory.  But I can assure you that anyone who has ever coached
basketball would never participate in tank jobs, as some of you prefer.
Losing becomes habitual and contagious.  It jeopardizes our possibilities
of landing the player that we may covet(e.g. Chris Webber, Eric Lindros).
Even several years ago, Shaquille stated that he had been advised against
playing in Beantown for several reasons, one of which was losing.

Not that he's THE ANSWER, but do you get my point?  Not many quality
players are overly enthusiastic about playing for losing organizations,
and the fact that it shouldn't matter where they play as long as they're
in the NBA is totally insignificant these days.

Here's my CELTIC WISH LIST:

David Wesley- A new contract offer NOW.
Greg Minor- An upfake, or head & shoulder fake, to accompany his jumper.
Antoine Walker- To remember he's an inside threat ala Cedric Maxwell.
Rick Fox- Closer observation of Donovan Bailey & Michael Johnson.
Eric Williams- Defensive help and regular hospital check-ups.
Alton Lister- A time machine so we can get another 2 years from you.
Dee Brown- Humility.
Marty Conlon- 5 fouls to waste.
Dana Barros- 8 inches.
Dino Radja- Nice guy, but needs some luggage.
M.L.Carr- The same intensity and approach he played with, and one job.

F.Y.I., my alltime opposing villain is a close one, but I must go with
ANDREW TONEY over Bill Laimbeer by an eyelash.  Comments anyone?

Cecil