New Year Thoughts

First of all, happy new year to everyone!
Looking back at the first few months of this season, it looks as though
we are in for the lottery and possibly a high pick. In many ways, this
is not bad considering we need more very (must emphasis on the word
"very") talented guys before we could compete again. It is nice that
guys like Conlon or Szebo get to play, but I don't think they are
talented enough to even make the big time.
The thing I really hate is that so many people try to jump on the back
of Dana Barros. We all know it is not his job to handle the ball. He is
a shooting guard, not point guard. So why bad-mouth a person for things
he's not suppose to do? He did well enough scoring. Yes, he had some bad
nights, so what? Larry Bird had bad nights too. There were games Dana
won for us, there were games the other guys lost it for him. Overall, I
am satisfied with his play. If you like to complain about his contract,
please remember it is not his fault. Would you turn a few million down
because you think you don't deserve it?!?
If you count, I bet Fox, Dino, Walker, Williams had the same, if not
more, bad nights. The favourite, Wes, also had a number of bad games. So
you tell me, is it fair to jump on Dana alone?
ML Carr is a great person, but I must admit he is still too
inexperienced to be a coach. I watched some of the Celtics games, and it
seems to me that this team is not as bad as the record says. He probably
needs to do a better job. Trading away Montross though is a good move. I
never believe that a person who cannot shoot free throws would become a
great player. Shaq is not great, as he nearly did lose that game for the
Lakers. So Montross would not have been great for us; probably even
worse than Greg Kite, who could play good D at least.
Walker is a great pick, he would lead us out of the wilderness one day!
So that's all, hope I did not bore any of you.
New Year wishes: don't know about that! I wish the Celtics win a lot
more games, but at the same time, I wish we could get the first pick or
something like that. Maybe I should wish that while the Celts play
better and maybe get into the playoffs, the Mavs would become the worst
team in the league so that we would have the No.1! now I think that
sounds great!!

John Liang