Re: The Draft

	I agree with the person who said we'll have a top three pick and
the eighth or ninth pick.  If we do get Duncan and there are no "impact"
players left at 8 or 9, we should either draft the best high school player
availabe (if there is one worth drafting); OR we could trade the pick and
Dana, Dee, and Dino to Vancouver (which has tons of cap space) for their
second round pick.
	I know I'll get flamed for this, but think of all the cap space it
would free up for '98 when Stoudamire, Joe Smith, Kevin Garnett, Rasheed
Wallace, Big Country, Michael Finley, and PENNY HARDAWAY will be free
agents.
	We could fill out the roster gaps with our two second rounders and
some minor, one year free agent signings.  That would leave us with:
Duncan/Battie/Mercer, Wesley, Minor, Fox, Williams, Walker, Ellison, two
second rounders, and three open roster spots.  Yes we would be very thin
but we would be in a great position for '98.
	I guess we'd be giving up a lot, maybe Vancouver could also throw
in a conditional first round pick down the road.  Or maybe Vancouver could
acquire a mid first rounder this year and throw it in.  What does everyone
think?
	By the way, Theresa, I enjoyed your piece about Rick Fox.  I'm
glad to see Toni Braxton's taste in men improving (ie him and Curtis
Martin as opposed to Jimmy J and Jason Kidd).  Maybe Toni Braxton is a
secret agent working for the C's.  :)

Jeremy