Re: Money for 97-98

In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.970227123040.31638A-100000@duke.usask.ca>, Sashi Kuma
r said:
> It looks very likely that Fox is going to opt for free agency
> from at least the signs. And we know that Wesley is an FA.
> In case ML tries to sign both these guys ( Wesley looks like
> a must signee) what, if at all will be left over to entice
> EWilliams this or next year and Walker next year for sure ??
>
> And who knows Duncan the year after.

The issue is not whether they have cap room to resign their own players...the
Larry Bird exception still holds.  The problem is, not having enough money to
add top-notch free agents.  We have ample proof the current players are not
good enough.

> It is ridiculous to see our top money makers are all enjoying
> the millionare life doing nothing....I mean sitting in suits!!

Life with guaranteed contracts...

> ML might have been able to trade off at least Dana before the
> deadline. I wish he could unload Dee or Dana etc. in the
> off season.

That would be nice, but not very likely.  When you overpay someone in the NBA,
you are stuck with them.
> 						Sashi.

- --
Jim McMaster