The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V4 #58

RE: Mercer / Duncan
I agree that the Celtics should take Duncan over Mercer. I think that
Duncan would stablize the center position and would be an excellent
foundation to build a team around(a la Houston and Hakeem).  Mercer is
very good, but the Celts have taken guards before as their #1 and where
has it gotten them?

I like Cassel very much and liked watching him in college. If the Celts
can get him and move Brown, Minor and/or Wesley, then I believe that it
is a good starting point on which to build a championship franchise
again.