Re: My future(NEXT YEAR)

- ----------
> From: showermd@joker.lsc.vsc.edu
> To: Celtics@igtc.com
> >   Backups
> >	1-
> >	2-Dana Barros and Rick Fox
> >	3-Antoine Walker
>
> If Antoine is ever brought off the bench, I will not be a Celtics fan, he
is by
> far our best player, nuff said. I would have Williams come off the bench,
he and
> BArros would be instant offense off the bench. Williams simply does not
rebound
> enough. Walker on the other hand is an animal on the boards. Since we are
all
> talking about the Celtics future, here is my two cents worth. Lets say
the Draft
> order goes as follows
>
> 1.Celtics-Duncan
> 2.Vancouver-Mercer
> 3.Philadelphia-Battie
> 4.Dallas/Celtics-Reggie Freeman
>
> Freeman is the best 2 guard that we know is going to be in the draft. You
get a
> two guard that can shoot from down town, and he has height. You guys can
argue
> about whatever shooting gueards we take, but for now he is the only sure
thing
> at 2.

If I have the 4th or the 5th pick, I will pick either Thomas or Van Horn
with my second depending on who remains and Duncan or Battie. 2 guard is a
skill position and is very hard to figure, in a draft full of juniors or
sophomores. The C's do need a 2 guard so let's trade with New Jersey after
the season and I will settle for any of the three they have, but let's get
the Celtics Big three of the 90's i.e. <Duncan/Battie, Thomas/Van Horn,
Walker>.

>      Anyways, let Lister, Conlon, Szabo, Hamer, Brick, Day go. And then
it is
> time to address the issure of Fox. Do we need Rick fox, and my answer is
no.
> Reason being, we have a young small forward(Williams), and we would have
a young
> shooting guard(Freeman, or whoever). Yes I know he is great defensively,
but he
> also makes bonehead plays late in the game, let him go, let the young
players
> play, and let him go to a contender. I believe by the time the C's are
serious
> about contending, Fox will be getting up there. As is Radja, which leads
me to
> my next point.

I would like to use any player in the celtics roster with the exception of
"Antoine Walker", to jockey for position in the draft..this is the most
important draft in the celtics franchise history and will shape the future
in years to come. I just hope and pray that Red steps in and takes the
reign in his hands for the impending 3 months starting April.

>      If we can move Barros, Radja, and  Dee, do it. But I have a feeling
that to
> start next year we will be stuck with all three, they all have huge
contracts,
> and are comming off injuries. So with that said, we have a team that loks
like
> this
>
> Starters         Bench
>
> Wesley PG          Dee Brown(Back up PG)
> Freeman SG         Barros(Backup SG
> Williams SF        Minor(swing between sg, and sf)
> Walker PF          Radja(sixth man, swing between back up center/ PF)
> Duncan C           Ellison(Back up Center, if he is ever healthy)

If we can get the players we want in this draft, players like Dee, Dana and
Radja won't matter, sure they have contracts that screw our cap, but I have
a list of FA's for 1997..and the players worth taking won't come and play
for the C's and the rest are no ways superior to what we already have. Now
these guys could be disruptive in  the locker room, in which case the best
thing will be to waive them and bite the bullet <Kevin Mchale traded away
Laetner & Rider, for absolutely nothing in return and his team is better
because of it>.

                                                                  - Mishra