Re: My future(NEXT YEAR)

>   Backups
>	1-
>	2-Dana Barros and Rick Fox
>	3-Antoine Walker

If Antoine is ever brought off the bench, I will not be a Celtics fan, he is by
far our best player, nuff said. I would have Williams come off the bench, he and
BArros would be instant offense off the bench. Williams simply does not rebound
enough. Walker on the other hand is an animal on the boards. Since we are all
talking about the Celtics future, here is my two cents worth. Lets say the Draft
order goes as follows

1.Celtics-Duncan
2.Vancouver-Mercer
3.Philadelphia-Battie
4.Dallas/Celtics-Reggie Freeman

Freeman is the best 2 guard that we know is going to be in the draft. You get a
two guard that can shoot from down town, and he has height. You guys can argue
about whatever shooting gueards we take, but for now he is the only sure thing
at 2.
     Anyways, let Lister, Conlon, Szabo, Hamer, Brick, Day go. And then it is
time to address the issure of Fox. Do we need Rick fox, and my answer is no.
Reason being, we have a young small forward(Williams), and we would have a young
shooting guard(Freeman, or whoever). Yes I know he is great defensively, but he
also makes bonehead plays late in the game, let him go, let the young players
play, and let him go to a contender. I believe by the time the C's are serious
about contending, Fox will be getting up there. As is Radja, which leads me to
my next point.
     If we can move Barros, Radja, and  Dee, do it. But I have a feeling that to
start next year we will be stuck with all three, they all have huge contracts,
and are comming off injuries. So with that said, we have a team that loks like
this

Starters         Bench

Wesley PG          Dee Brown(Back up PG)
Freeman SG         Barros(Backup SG
Williams SF        Minor(swing between sg, and sf)
Walker PF          Radja(sixth man, swing between back up center/ PF)
Duncan C           Ellison(Back up Center, if he is ever healthy)

That uis an expensive bench, but is gives the kids the opportunity to grow, so
you can intertwine the the two sides. Either way, I think if we draft Duncan,
and get an athletic, tall, two guard that can shoot from outside(something Minor
can't seem to do), and we stay healthy, I think the Celtics can at least make
the playoffs. And with some of those big contracts on the bech ending soon, we
couild bring in a big name free aget eventually. If anyone has the contract
status of Radja, Dee, Barros, and ellison, I would be interested in seeing it.
None the lees, here is my look to the future, maybe we will end up with
something better than freeman, but lets at least hope for Duncan. Happy losing
competively fellow C's fans!

Derek showerman
showermd@joker.lsc.vsc.edu