Re: My future(NEXT YEAR)

> Since we are all talking about the Celtics future, here is my two cents
worth. Lets say
> the Draft
> > order goes as follows
> >
> > 1.Celtics-Duncan
> > 2.Vancouver-Mercer
> > 3.Philadelphia-Battie
> > 4.Dallas/Celtics-Reggie Freeman
> >
> > Freeman is the best 2 guard that we know is going to be in the draft.
You
> get a two guard that can shoot from down town, and he has height. You
guys can argue about whatever shooting gueards we take, but for now he is
the only sure thing  at 2.

> If I have the 4th or the 5th pick, I will pick either Thomas or Van Horn
> with my second depending on who remains and Duncan or Battie. 2 guard is
a skill position and is very hard to figure, in a draft full of juniors or
> sophomores. The C's do need a 2 guard so let's trade with New Jersey
after
> the season and I will settle for any of the three they have, but let's
get
> the Celtics Big three of the 90's i.e. <Duncan/Battie, Thomas/Van Horn,
> Walker>.

I like taking Mercer, Thomas Van Horn or Battie with the second pick and
moving Williams for a big 2, or a mid to late first round pick.. Jersey
still has Jackson, Gill & Kittles unless they plan to use one  at he 3
position.  We also need to consider Chauncy Billups, he can give us the big
2 we need and also play the point.  Then go with a Scot Pollard with the
second round pick, he runs the floor good, plays physical and isn't afraid
to rattle your fillings.  He would be able to give Duncan & Dino a
breather.  I am not sure Freeman is the real thing, I like what I have seen
in Billups,Cory Carr, & Dedric Willoughby better.