the future

	I have not written for awhile, but here goes. As always I remind
you all that these are simply my opinions and should be treated as
such...So don't get mean this time.
	As I said a long time ago, Tim Duncan is the man, the celtics must
do whatever they need to in order to ensure they get him. With the Dallas
trade, our chances look much better. As far as trading that second pick we
will have, I say at least send the word out that we are willing to
consider trading it away. No harm is done by listening. In regards to
getting Stackhouse or Richmond, I say get REAL!!! Philly is stadily
building toward the future, there is nothing we have that they would be
willing to trade away Stackhouse for. As far as Richmond, take it from a
guy who lives in Sacramento, but goes to SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY,
Richmond would never play for us. He wants to play for a team that can
make it dep into the playoffs. We are not that team. He has shown signs of
frustration with the Kings since they seem to have plateued. But he still
will never play for us. My plan for the future remains the same:

1. Draft Duncan
2. M.L. Carr must go, he can't coach.
3. Waive, release, or whatever with the overage, no-talent players we have
like Szabo, Ellison, and Lister. Do I need to remind people of the recent
NBA trend of trading away players with big salaries for nobodies with
short term contracts who can be released sooner. We need to follow this
trend.
4. Larry needs to be GM, he knows enough about what makes a great
basketball player. Example, look what Kevin Mchale has done for Minnesota,
pretty impresive if you ask me. Minnesota is on a fast road of improvement
that may one day take them to the top.
5. D.J. as the new Head Coach. As the once solid point guard (leader) for
the celts, he certainly knows what it takes to keep a team going.
6. Draft a poward forward with that second pick, I know I know it seems
like we don't need a power forward. Yes we do, Dino can still start, but
we need someone for the future. Williams and Walker are solid small
forwards. Meanwhile Fox, and Minor, and Barros can handle the shooting
guard position just fine for the time being.
7. Trade away Dee Brown for a nobody with a short term contract who can be
waived and released soon. Face it Dee Brown's stock has gone down
considerably since everybody in the world knows he wants to be traded and
since his play has not exactly been all-star potential lately.
8. Starting Lineup
	1-David Wesley
	2-Greg Minor
	3-Williams
	4-Dino Radja
	5-Tim Duncan
   Backups
	1-
	2-Dana Barros and Rick Fox
	3-Antoine Walker
	4-Our second pick in the 97' Draft
	5-A center from possibly trading Dee Brown
9. Intelligence and Patience
	We don't exactly have a great deal of recent success with trades
and drafts. We drafted Acie Earl-A big bust, we got stuck with people like
Alton Lister and Pervis Ellison- Big Mistakes. However, Antoine Walker was
the one of the few and frist signs that M.L. might actually have some idea
of what he is doing. Still, he must go.

10. Be patient, and not in a hurry to trade away people if they don't
become all-stars right away.

That is it. If yah have any comments or anything, drop me a line at the
following email address:

	jlawson@mail.sdsu.edu

						Bye For Now,
							Jerry