Here's hoping...

          Dream draft: Duncan and Mercer.

          Nightmare: Anything without Duncan.

          The C's have to be the favorites to get that top pick. When
          you consider the number of ping pong balls Dallas will have
          in the lottery hopper, plus our own, we'll have far more
          chances than anyone else. Still, they don't call it a
          lottery for nothing...

          On the Fox rumors: I'm against trading him because I don't
          think we can get equal value. No one we get is going to set
          the example Rick has as team captain, and counting on Wesley
          to fill that role is risky considering he could walk after
          the season.

          Do you trade a player who loves being a Celtic and continues
          to play hard despite the team's record (Fox) for a backup
          center (Dampier -- Rooks? Please...)?  I don't think so.

          If we've learned anything from teams like Philly, Dallas and
          the Clippers over the years, it's that you need some
          leadership for young talent. We have that in Fox, and we
          seem to have a solid nucleus in Walker and Williams
          (although I'm still not sold on a Walker-Williams-Duncan
          frontcourt. That's awfully small. Walker-Battie-Duncan
          sounds good. I happen to think Williams is an ideal sixth
          man.)

          I'm inclined to stand pat and wait for the lottery, unless
          someone knocks our socks off with an offer.