Re: Dallas' First Round Pick

Excellent work, Jason.  I disagree on one point, however -- I think that
passing up on Ron Mercer or Chauncy Billups because we have Greg Minor is
ludicrous.  The only position we are fixed at is forward, so I don't see us
using a 2-5 pick (that is, our non-Duncan consolation prize) on Tony Battie
or Brian Skinner, who may be the better prospect.    I say, take Mercer for
the top pick if we miss Duncan, and then Skinner with Dallas' pick.  Or if
Battie comes up huge in the camps, take him, and then Billups with Dallas'
pick.  If we get Duncan, the other guy will be gravy.  How's this for a
scenario:  Duncan AND Mercer.  How's that for greed?