Keep hope alive

Several points.  Thanks for the lengthy scenario, JasonSp.  I agree that it
all begins if we get the #1 card.  Then good trades can be considered for
the Dallas pick, or if we think we can get Mercer, we hold.  Also, we can
be assured that a decent FA will look our way--if we can come up with
the money.

I still like Sura or Stackhouse, but doubt either will really be there.  Sura is
looking too good (I sure hope that he doesn't go to NJ).  But Fratello must
plan to keep him.  And JS, who knows?

Down here, they're saying Nellie did the right thing in cleaning house. IMO
the only long term loss is Jason Kidd, not Nellie's fault.   He will continue
to be all-world in Phoenix.  Now, Nellie might not have gotten enough
talent in return, but all except Pack were lottery choices--they have
ability.  I can't imagine them winning five more games.

Gene   PS  Willoughby has the quickness and court sense, plus the
absolute long stroke.  If we traded down to about 15 or 20, I'd give him
a shot.  And I still like Serge SW for backup C.