Re: Celtics South (aka Dallas) make the Nets better...

- ----------
> From: Jason Drisko <drisko@ics.com>
> To: Boston Celtics <celtics@igtc.com>
> Subject: Celtics South (aka Dallas) make the Nets better...
> Date: Monday, February 17, 1997 6:32 PM
>

> Hi all,
>
> The Dallas Mavericks made another major trade tonight, this one a
nine-player
> deal that sent Jim Jackson and  Chris Gatling to the New Jersey Nets for
> center Shawn Bradley.
>
> The Mavericks also sent Sam Cassell, George McCloud and Eric Montross to
the
> Nets. Dallas received guards Khalid  Reeves and Robert Pack, as well as
> forward Ed O'Bannon.
>
> I'm beginning to believe that Don Nelson is really on the Celtics
payroll,
> not the Mavericks.  He continues to make the team worse, thus giving us a

> better and better pick, while making teams that might threaten our large
> number of ping pong balls (Phoenix and New Jersey) better.
>
> This has been one crazy season boys and girls...
>

> 			Fax:   (617) 621-9555

Doesn't this leave Jersey with Gill, Mcloud, Kittles, & Jackson all at the
2 spot ?

I would expect someone else to be moving on.  How about we move Fox or
Williams for Jackson, Gill,   or Kittles ?  Although I don't know if we can
make a move for Jackson, I think there has to be a 30-60 day waiting period
between trades.

Since their is depth at the 3 spot in the draft, landing a big 2 now would
allow us to go Duncan,  & Thomas, Van Horn or Jamison in the draft,  or
trade down with the Dallas pick, pick someone else up & get a Vaughn,
Billups or Knight ?