Re: THE TRADE

RAMANI_R@bentley.edu wrote:

> WOW!! Let me catch my breath....
>
> I just checked Nando net and ESPN. This thing is too good for Calipari and
> Nets. The question I must ask Nellie is WHY?
> The 3J ranch, is is great threesome, young and athletic. I guess the team
> management gave up on the three when they had chemistry problems. I thought it
> would have been better to fire the coach and hire a coach who preaches
> up-tempo. (Westpaul, Doug Moe..) Man...I mean the management must be really
> committed to Jim Cleamons (did I spell it right?)

Snide jokes and Lord-thanking aside, the only serious explanation I can
offer from Nellie's perspective is that he regarded the entire Dallas
roster as a cancer that had to be excised.  I can understand getting rid
of JJ (who was part of the chemistry problem you mentioned), Montross
and Cassell (each of whom will be demanding big raises in the offseason,
despite their subpar performances).  But trading Gatling mystifies me.
This man works like a demon and produces whenever he's on the court.  I
don't understand why Golden State shipped him to Miami.  I don't
understand why Riley let him go and signed PJ Brown to a $35 million
deal.  Now it's Nellie's turn for the puzzling move.  All I can say is
that if Calipari is stupid enough to let Gatling go, I'll be more than
happy for the Celtics to take him off their hands.