Re: 1997 Draft

	Mishra I think your top five logic is very sound: Duncan, Mercer
(taken over Battie because Vancouver has big men), Battie, Thomas, and Van
Horn (who scored 40 points the other day).  But I think you are slightly
over-rating Raef LaFrentz (although Denver does need a big guy) and
slightly under-rating Billups.  If the C's get Duncan, I believe they
would be thrilled to get Billups at 7.  In any case, do you have info on
Kelvin Cato?  I don't know much about him.
	The way I see it, a top six is definitally shaping up: Duncan,
Battie, Mercer, Thomas (who could drop if he doesn't do much in the
tournament), Van Horn, and Billups.  Jamison isn't far behind.

	Just for the record, I am in favor of Fox for Dampier because
nothing good can come out of ending the season with him.  The way he is
playing, he will definitally exercise his option and become a free agent.
So we will either lose him and get nothing (his $1.75M in salary space
isn't that much) or we will have to over pay to keep him.  That along with
David Wesley will take us out of the free agency market in the upcoming
years.
	People who point out Rick Fox's leadership and quintessentials are
absolutely right, but David Wesley will be able to fill that roll as team
captain next year.  (Resigning him is a must.)
	To free up money, of course we should trade Dana, Dee, and Dino;
but that is just about impossible right now.  Although if a team wants Fox
badly enough maybe they would also take one of them.  Does anyone know how
what Jalen Rose's contract is like?  He would add some flexibility to our
lineup.  Is Indiana looking to trade him?

Jeremy