Re: trade&draft rumors

- ----------
> From: J Rogy <birdrogy@ix.netcom.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: trade&draft rumors
> Date: Monday, February 17, 1997 8:02 AM
>
> Guys like Fox are a dime a dozen in the NBA.Look at our record.We need
> Duncan & we need to make trades to compete.If we are going to get back
> on top we need a complete overhaul of this horrible team.I live in
> central Illinois (Bulls country) & I am tired of defending some of the
> trades & draft picks we keep making.I still will defend them (because I
> am a Celtic fan till the day I die) but I don't want to have to lie
> anymore!

I have to agree on this one.  Until recently Fox's performance has not been
what we expected when he was drafted. Like Todd Day he knows his contract
is up and time to showcase his talent. If we are not going to resign him,
we better move him before the deadline, his recent play has elevated his
stock and we will end up with nothing.   But at least Rick has a decent
attitude & work ethic which you can't say about half the players in the
league.  Anyone see Rider light us up last night ?  Just think we could
have moved "Deadwood" Brown for him last year.  I would take his bad points
with the good, at least he would still have trade value if we did not like
him.