Re: top 50/etc

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Christopher Gee wrote:

> 4) Not to burst anyone's bubble but everyone seems to think our players
> are better than they are.  Most of you think Walker(as do I) is one of
the
> top rookies, Wesley is one of the top point guards and others are good.
> Well if this is the case why are we second to last in the league.  I
think
> Wesley is good, but certainly not the 4th best.
>
> Christopher R. Gee

Maybe we're so close to the bottome because we consistently have 4-6
players injured and are forced to start our 6'9(?) rookie sf/pf at center.
We also lost Dino for the season because of injury and he was our best
offensive player last year and also an inside presence.  I could go on and
on with the reasons but they'd be nothing you didn't already know.  The
fact is we have some very good players on this team but we also have some
major holes to fill.

My personal feeling, without comparing any stats, is that Wesley is on of
the top 8-12 pg's in the league.

Jeff Stanners
98jstann@uor.edu
Redlands, CA

                           / ^   ^ \
                          { (o) (o) }
      -------------oOOOo-------U-------oOOOo--------------
     |                                                   |
     |   Quote from David Stern,                         |
     | "With the first pick in the 1997 NBA draft -      |
     |   The Boston Celtics select, TIM DUNCAN,          |
     |    of Wake Forest University."                    |
     |                                Oooo.              |
     |                 .oooO          (   )              |
                         \_)