Re: Eric Williams

JOzersky@aol.com wrote:
>I think Eric Williams' rennaisance has more to do with him avoiding the
>Sizzler buffet and less to do with our rantings.  He does seem to be coming
>along, though, doesn't he?  The guy could be a great scorer, but it seems
>he's nothing special defensively or on the boards.  Which is odd, given that
>he was drafted as a defender.  But I don't see him shutting anyone down.

As most of the print and TV reporters noted at the time, that was merely the
spin the Cs chose to put on drafting him. He was never known for his D.
Actually he was drafted as someone with hustle and some talent (e.g. quick
first step) and a potentially great upside because he'd only been playing
organized basketball for a few years and so was not fully developed. The
last point, in conjunction with his having an even more inexperienced coach,
should be taken into consideration when assessing his ups and downs and
immaturity as a player.
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net