Fox debate continues

Jim McMaster wrote:

> I have not seen Fox but once this year, but he has never been one of my
> favorite players.  He always plays hard, and sometimes makes spectacular plays
> to win games.
>
> My problem with him is that after all these years, he still makes bone-headed
> rookie mistakes.  He is just as likely to make a spectacularly bad play to
> lose a game.
>
> I also think he is overpaid.  I would not even want him as a bench player,
> because you cannot count on him when the game is on the line.
>
> As you said, everyone is entitled to his opinion...you have mine.
>
> I think it is unfair to question a fan's loyalty because he does not blindly
> love every player on the team.  This team's talent is very poor, and their
> place in the standings is well-deserved.  It does not make one less of a fan
> to acknowledge that.
>
> Jim McMaster
> mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com

As I mentioned in my original post, Fox has won two games this year with
last-second jumpers.  Therefore, you certainly *can* count on him when the game
is on the line.  And since I also said people are entitled to their opinions, I
am not promoting blind loyalty.  What I would like to see, however, are opinions
based on facts and logic, rather than rants with statements that border on the
absurd.  I simply wonder: is John Diaz really a Celtics' fan, or is his motive
to provoke the list's subscribers (which he apparently has done)?

Mike Dynon