Re: Todd Day hero

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Brian Boisvert wrote:

> >Todd Day has proven over the years that when he gets 30-40 minutes a
> >game he is capable of scoring 16 to 20pt a game.He has shown lately he
> >can score now that his minutes are up.
> >       GIVE HIM THE BALL.
>
> Todd Day is a horrible shooter, plain and simple.  He currently has a
> .408 FG%.

I agree about the fg%
This is my main prob with Todd(also, for a 2 guard, he's not an explosive
athlete.  I think Ainge was quicker.)  You can count on a guy like Dana
or Minor or Voshon Lenard to drill an open shot like it's a layup(Minor
from short range only.), but with Day he misses alot of open ones.

His shotblocking, rebounding and passing are good but we can replace that
production from other positions.

But I do like Day's arrogance(Not afraid to bang with and trashtalk
with the best 2 guards), and how he cheers for his teamates.