Re: Odds

Starke R. Farrell wrote:

> >>odds of getting the #1 pick better if
> > > we're worst and Vancouver is second?  That way, if either of us gets it,
> > > the Celts win.
>
> What is the deal w/ expansion teams in lottery? Can someone help me
> here?The two expansion teams are proibited from winning the lottery. If the expansion
team's lotto number comes up first it will get the second pick. Another number
is drawn and that team gets the first pick unless it is the other expansion team
in which case it gets the third pick and the team whose number comes up next
then gets the first pick. This is all part of the understanding which the two
teams came in under to join the league. I am pretty sure that this is the last
year and they will have no restrictions in the 98 draft.

Art Silva