Re: Knight as Duncan backup?

jan crocker wrote:

> How does this sound? Peter May of the Boston Globe reports that Travis
> Knight  of the Lakers, because of the new collective bargaining agreement,
> will become a free agent at the end of the season. The Lakers can't
> negotiate with him until July 1 and can only offer him a 20% raise. He is
> currently playing for the minimum. If we don't resign  Brikowski, Szabo, and
> Lister and we can use some of the money to pay Knight to a contract. I think
> he would be great as Duncan's backup.  It would be sweet to steal him away
> from the Lakers and the kid can play and would look great in green.
>
> JCI'm sure the current Celts you mention won't be back. But if you were Knight who is
sure to have quite a number of courters come July 1 who would you go with. The
young man does show promise and I agree he would look good in green but think of
how much his game is made to look good because he plays at the same time shaq does.
He play almost exclusively at the 4 spot with either Campbell or Shaq playing
center due to his lack of strength. Most of his points come from offensive rebounds
on the weak side and being left open when his man leaves him to double team the
post. Now all this of course he will improve on but can the Celts afford that time.
If we land Duncan we are going to need some beef to help him out. Somebody to bang
and absorb some of the abuse. Knight might be a few years away from being that guy.

Art Silva