Re: Sick of Cousy

I have a lot of respect for what Cousy has achieved in the sport, BUT he
really pissed me off when Tommy mentioned that somebody had just "tickled
the twine".  Tommy then said something to the extent of "remember anyone
else who would use that phrase"?  Cousy gave a perfunctory "NO".

Of course Tommy was referring to the late, great JOHNNY MOST!!

For Cousy to be so cavalier with his response was absolutely
unprofessional, and for someone who has meant so much to the Celtic
family, Johnny's memory deserves more respect from Cousy and anyone else
for that matter!

There's also the time McCarty made a steal at midcourt and threw the ball
away trying to get it to Mercer for a layup, when Cousy piped in with the
need again for a point guard.  Geez man, the guy just made a great steal
and tried to quickly force a pass to an open teammate.  One minute, he
wants Billups (I'm sure that Dana was playing the point at that time)
to push it as much as possible, and when a forward makes a nice play
, he expects him to be in the middle of the court regardless of
where he is defensively at the time.

LET'S TRADE COUSY FOR MAXWELL!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR.  WE'RE AT .500

Cecil