COUSY

We all have our opinions.  The purpose of this list, one of them anyway,
is to express our opinions and obtain the views of others.  I like Cousy
just fine the way he is.  We've all criticized Billups, for the same
reasons Cousy does so.  Why is that different?  I think he's funny, and
there's no doubt in my mind about what he's saying or why.  I frankly
like his honesty and I think he's funny.  When the Celtics are on the
road, many people attend the game so they can see him and get his
autograph.  After all these years.  I agree that someone else might be
more professional, or funnier, whatever.  I frankly like his honesty,
because I admire honesty.  Who wants sugarcoating?  As far as I'm
concerned he can stay as long as he wants to and the Celtics want him.
As for Mike Gorman, I think he's the best.  He, of the three of them on
television, is a professional.  I think he has a hard time saying too
much because Tommy doesn't give him a chance.  I love Tommy, too, but
sometimes he gets on my nerves lately.

On another note, I have to say I was one of the doubters about this team
while it was being built.  I now admit I love this team, and would like
to see most of it stay intact while they learn.  Everyone preached
patience, not too many wins this season, etc., now all I read are trade
possibilities.  All we need is a good shot blocker, and I frankly think
DeClerc and Knight do an admirable job against most opponents.  Now, if
they trade McCarty I'll be right back where I was before, angry about
it!  That guy brings so much to this team in the form of enthusiasm and
some great plays, I don't want to lose him.  I think every one of these
guys has improved game by game, including Dana!  The only ones I would
leave out of that list would be Dee (to my disappointment), Ellis
(though he had his moments, too) and perhaps Minor, although he is what
he is.  Antoine, in fact, who was trying to do it all by himself and
making mistakes, played a wonderful game against the Lakers.  I think
he's reading this list.

The guy you mentioned on the radio with Cornbread sounds a little like a
budding Johnny Most. By the way, folks, that was a joke when Cousy said
he hadn't heard that before.  His humor is understated.  'nuff said,
thanks for listening.
Dorine