News out of Miami

Some more news out of Miami.  I would love to see Austin & Mash come to
Boston.  Who would Sacramento want besides Billups ?  If it was me with
Corliss being a free agent at year end, giving up Richmond, I would want
Billups & Mercer or McCarty.

If Mash is involved, McCarty may be the one to go.

As Isaac Austin's name was the subject of trade rumors with Boston,
Austin's agent met with Heat General Manager Randy Pfund a week ago and
reiterated his desire that Austin finish the season in Miami. Paco Belassen
said the Heat should not make a deal even if they can't re-sign the backup
center. "He just reiterated July is the time to come up with something that
works for both of us," Pfund said.

Rumors in Boston had the Heat involved in a multi-player, three-team trade
with the Celtics and Sacramento that would send Austin and Jamal Mashburn
(who played for Celtics coach Rick Pitino at the University of Kentucky) to
Boston and the Heat would get Mitch Richmond. Chauncey Billups and another
player would go from Boston to the Kings.

Meanwhile, Austin said he could foresee the Heat being forced to trade him
by the Feb. 19 deadline. "My value being high, there may be an option of me
being traded," Austin said. "There's rumors going around." Austin sounded
like a player who has no intentions of returning to the Heat. "It's a shame
that a team that spends time with me and puts trust in me doesn't have the
opportunity ... well they have an opportunity ... but it's hard to re-sign
me back," he said. "We all know that. They say it themselves. I worked hard
and I've come a long way and I ... just can't short sell myself. That's how
I feel."