Re: Billups and Pitino's show

>Yes I am the guy who keeps offering that we must be patient with CB.  I'm
>glad to see Greg and others agree and I hope it will pay dividends in the
>near future.
>
>CB is some day going to be an all-star NBA guard and I hope it is here
>with the C's.  He will still make rookie mistakes because, regardless of
>what number pick he was, it takes time to develop as a professional athlete.
>
>I've seen him take some large steps toward that development, but we need
>to realize that some bad will surface with the good.  It's part of the
>learning process.  His decision-making is improving.  He isn't getting
>caught up in the air nearly as much as before.  His defense is steady and
>he can hit his shot.  Cooz still knocks him for not "pushing it up" with
>each possession but I see a marked difference in his overall play.
>
>Cecil

This reminds me: after last night's game, I caught a rebroadcast of the
"Rick Pitino Show". Towards the end, Rick was giving tips on how to execute
a crossover properly, using Billups as the model. At one point, Pitino,
with a completely straight face, told Chauncey: "...now, after the
crossover, stop and throw the ball into the stands like you normally
do"[not verbatim, but close enough]. Even Billups giggled (I think), and I
couldn't stop laughing, considering I'd just seen Billups do exactly that
several times against the Lakers. (However, I must say he did make up for
his 6 TOs with sticky D, excellent 3-point shooting, and 8 assists.)
Overall, Pitino was very witty: e.g., he said he "needed some bad defense
against Billups executing a crossover" and for that, he "immediately turns
to his family" (summoning one of his sons for the role). He kidded Lobel
about his birthday, saying "he turned 70", and in general looked funnier
and more comfortable in front of the camera than many a late-night talk
show host.

K.Kveraga