Re: Celtics beat Lakers 108-102

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, John Lyell wrote:

> Barros -  Little playing time.  Ineffective at point with Billups out.

John,

I must respectfully disagree with the assessment on Dana.  He hit a 3 to
start the 2nd quarter, giving us a lead we refused to relinquish the rest
of that period.  He was at the point during a 20-4 run which peaked at a
40-30 Celtic lead, prior to Del Harris calling timeout.  True, he only
played 14 minutes, but he scored 7, with 2 boards, 2 assists and 0
turnovers.  That's not totally ineffective off the bench.  Combined with
Billups, they scored 23 pts, 10 assists, 5 boards and 5 steals.

Cecil

P.S. I'll be forwarding my assessment of Tuesday's game versus Phoenix.
     You can get me back then :)