Re: Celts Charlotte

Hi,

  I haven't had time to read my email since before Christmas, so I'm just
reading emails like the following today:

Dan said:
>       Can you believe the woman Cheryl Miller I think on TNT, asked the
> Knicks coach Van Gundy if in fact the team is better without Ewing. Is she
> NUTS. Women in sports at this level show their vulnerability.

  It may seem like a stupid question but a lot of people are wondering
about it, so even though no one on the Knicks would dare say they're better
without Ewing, I think a lot of reporters would ask that question, and most
of them would be men.

  Dan, I think your comments on the Celtics were on the money, but to
imply that women aren't able to understand sports at this level sounds
sexist to me.  If it really was Cheryl Miller then I'm sure she understands
basketball, since she was probably the best women basketball player of her
time, she now coaches one of the professional women's teams, and her little
brother Reggie who could never beat her on the court growing up is now an
all-star in the NBA.

  I don't know if she's any good as a commentator, but I'm glad to see
someone's giving her a chance.

Jon Mc